In Memory Of Florence White (SAMPLE)


I was born in Cornwall, Ontario, Canada on Sep 18th 1922, where I lived my entire life. As you follow my journey below you will learn all about me and get to see my life through my eyes!


As a young girl I went to St. Columban's West School where I only stuck around for a bit, I learned my reading and writing but decided school wasn't for me.

I followed in my families footsteps and joined the Army. I enrolled in Barriefield, ON on Nov 20th 1942. I was placed as a Barrack Orderly for 3 years before I was honorably discharged to return to civil life on Nov 21 1945.


The man who lays to rest beside me was the love of my life; Johnny, we met at a young age and married on the 11th of Jan 1952 in St. Felix De Valois Church in Cornwall. After he passed, I never was with anyone else. I missed him a ton!

Together we had 2 children who I was very proud of; Kenny who is beside me in this photo and Freddy (being the oldest of the two.) 

Another one of Kenny and I, this was always one of my favorite photos! I don't know who had longer hair!

Here is Freddy and I, my first born who made me a mother at 25 years old. Freddy for the most part lived in another part of Ontario and always came to visit me. It was always a great time when he came home!



My hobby was Bingo, I went every night to keep myself busy. I had quite a bit of luck; that's probably what kept me going. I also loved to do scratch tickets and during the day I liked to watch The Young & The Restless and The Price Is Right.



I was a grandmother of 4! Chelsea who is on my lap was my last of the bunch. I liked to babysit her as we got to spend a lot of time together. We would take walks to Zellers or go get a bite to eat at McDonalds or Burger King. She surely kept me busy!


Kenny, Chelsea and I spent many Saturdays together going out shopping, yard work and tending to other duties around the family homestead on Danis Ave. I am glad to see the house is still in the family today!




I passed away on Dec 23rd 2011 in Cornwall but as you can see I lived a full and happy life with my family by my side to the very end! Just know I might be gone but I will always be here when you need me.




Please visit Faces Of SD&G Facebook Page to share your photos with our online community.